It’s weekend ! So for the ones who like to bake, this is the perfect time to make some lovely cookies. I am sure this dark chocolate crackle cookies will be a success and will be gone in no time. Most recipes of these crackle cookies use a lot of sugar, an awful lot of sugar. But why make chocolate cookies when you actually end up with sugar cookies with some chocolate taste ? I adapted the recipe so that chocolate comes first and therefore it’s best to buy some good dark chocolate with at least 70 % of cacao. It’s a simple and fast recipe, so here we go…
You’ll need :
- 100 gr. of good quality dark chocolate
- 80 gr. of unsalted butter
- 80 gr of granulated sugar ( try to find one with very fine crystals )
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 150 gr. flour
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder
- 35 gr. of powdered sugarSo now we can get started.
- Break the chocolate in pieces and cut the butter in cubes. Let chocolate and butter melt on a low fire and bring the smooth chocolate-buttermix in a salad bowl.
- Add the granulated sugar, the egg and than the flour, cacao and baking powder. Mix all the ingredients with a spatula, cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (360° F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form little balls of dough with your hands and roll them each in the powdered sugar. Than put them on the baking plate, but leave about 2 cm between them. To form disks you just push the balls a bit down. Bake for about 15 minutes (normal oven) or 12 minutes (hot air oven). Let them cool down on the baking plate.Next step is the easiest one : eat and enjoy them.